Some things I have learned on this subject, such as open-sky policy, freedom of the air, free market structure, and more. Air transport policy will highlight on the regulatory development of the aviation industry. I will learn more about who was responsible in the industry to enforce the act at home and abroad. I also need to understand the roles of the international and local regulatory agencies and the roles and activities of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and International Air Transport Association (IATA) at the end of my studies later. After the class session, I've created a little reading on the internet on the subject. Below is some new knowledge I gained through reading it.
Freedom of Air
A set of commercial aviation rights gives a country's airline the privilege to enter and land in another country's airline. There were nine cases that must be adhered to each country. I learned after lecturer told to the whole class to find out what is it.
• The right to flight over a foreign industry
• The right of scheduled international air service gives by one state to another state or states to land in its territory for non-traffic purposes.
• The right of scheduled international air services, gives by one state to another state to put down, in the territory of the first state, traffic coming from the home state of the carrier
• The right of scheduled international air services, gives by one state to another state to take on, in the territory of the first state, traffic destined for the home state of the carrier
• The right of scheduled international air service gives by one state to another state to put down and to take on, in the territory of the first.
• The right of scheduled international air services, of transporting, through the home state of the carrier, traffic moving between two other states.
• The right of scheduled international air services, gives by one state to another state, of transporting traffic between the territory of the gives state and any third state with no requirement to include on such operation any point in the territory of the recipient state.
• The right of scheduled international air services, of transporting cabotage traffic between two points in the territory of the giving state on a service which originates or terminates in the home country of the foreign carrier or outside the territory of the granting State.
• The right or privilege of transporting cabotage traffic of the granting State on a service performed entirely within the territory of the granting State
Open Sky Policy
Open skies is an international policy concept which calls for the liberalization of rules and regulations on international aviation industry most specially commercial aviation opening a free market for the airline industry.
Free Market Structure
A free market is a market in which economic regulation by the state is limited to tax collection, and enforcement of private ownership and contracts. It is the opposite of a controlled market, in which the state directly regulates how goods, services and labour may be used, priced, or distributed, rather than relying on the mechanism of supply and demand.
Besides that, my team consists of six people, including me Shahnazrin, Nur Liyana, Siti Liyana, Nur Nabila, Hidayati. We have been given the task by Base Learning Programme (PBL1) entitled Fire fly to operate from Subang gives a definite advantage to the subsidiary of Malaysia Airlines (MAS). In the first class subject of transport of water policy, the Lecturer to give a little explanation on this subject, we have been given the opportunity to hold discussions in the group to discuss the selected title. Before this, we are quite difficult to identify the requirements of the question. We waited until the class to ask questions so that we feel more clearly and understand the requirements of the question. Therefore, we are hard to build this one question for PBL. We just do brainstorming to get a few questions.
On the second day of August at 1100 am, we had a meeting at the library to find 100 questions about the title. However, we only got 64 questions only through the PESTLE analysis mostly. After that, on the 4th of August we had meetings again in the student center at 1500 hrs. We aim to get 16 more questions for the fulfillment of our questions to 80. We did it and prepare the hypothesis. Then, I have sent an email to the lecturer to analyze our question. Siti Liyana has sent the Black Berry Message (BBM) to lecturer to confirm email delivery.
On the fifth day of August at 0900hrs, we again make the last meeting this week to get the best 20 questions. Total all the questions we get is 78. Each member in the group I was asked to choose the 20 best questions. After that, there are some questions that we all choose the same question. We put the question because the majority of the members in the group choose the questions. Some questions just 5 people who agreed to be the question. After a discussion, we agreed to found a chosen question. Finally we managed to get the 20 best questions. We have divided the 20 questions to each group. I took three questions I would like to find an answer. Shahnazrin took four questions, Hidayati took three questions, Siti Liyana took three questions, Nabila took four questions and Nur Liyana take three questions. In kesuluruhannya, I am very satisfied with the teamwork in our group. Each plays a role in mobilizing this group. We have set on Sunday was the deadline to submit answers to these questions to my email. I will be responsible for the complete presentation in Power Point or Xmind.